The Junior Achievement Finance Park Virtual offers 9th-12th grade students personal financial management skills through classroom instruction and active participation in an online simulated community. Students learn about the challenges of making adult decisions such as how to pay bills and manage their money for a family. The JA Finance Park program curriculum is composed of 13 required teacher-taught lessons that are easy to use, with minimal preparation time.The curriculum culminates in a computer-based budgeting simulation that is approximately 3 hours long.
- complete teacher training to learn the curriculum and tools
- teach 12 lessons prior to simulation at JA Finance Park
- have students participate in the online virtual bugeting based simulation
- teach one debriefing lesson following the simulation
- recognize the services of financial institutions
- understand the advantages of saving, investing, and using credit wisely.
- examine the role of insurance in risk management
- examine the impact that credit scores and credit reporting have on personal finance
- discover the importance of spending money wisely
- recognize planning and budgeting as valuable tools.
- apply classroom learning in the virtual simulation by creating a family budget based on a hypothetical life situation
Please email or call for more information!